Listen to the newest Episodes of Real Herbalism Radio here:
Our Website | iHeartradio | Spotify | Alexa Flash | Pippa | Itunes | Stitcher
Whether you are on Iphone, Android, or your laptop we have you covered.
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, winter is the time for rest and introspection. We herbalists sorely need a break from the activity of fall’s harvest and root digging. Instead, we are spending this season digging into a good book. Today, we’re talking about our favorite books for rest, introspection and herbal inspiration.
Our program notes include links you can follow directly to the book we reviewed on Amazon. As Amazon Affiliates, using this link to buy items will help support the work that we do at the Practical Herbalist at no extra cost to you. This means that whether you are shopping for yourself or an herbalist friend, you can further the cause of nature-based medicinal education from the comfort of your home. Thank you for keeping us going!
2021 Note: We have converted all our book affiliate links to Bookshop.org in support of small businesses and independent bookstores. This includes the list previously associated with this podcast.
Herbs we mentioned:
Books We Mentioned:
- The Aromatherapy Garden: Growing Fragrant Plants for Happiness and Well-Being
- The Modern Herbal Dispensatory: A Medicine-Making Guide by Thomas Easley and Steven Horne
- The Fungal Pharmacy: The Complete Guide to Medicinal Mushrooms and Lichens of North America
- The Ketogenic Kitchen: Low carb. High fat. Extraordinary health.
- The Modern Homesteader’s Guide to Keeping Geese
- Cook’s Science: How to Unlock Flavor in 50 of our Favorite Ingredients
- Alchemy of Herbs: Transform Everyday Ingredients into Foods and Remedies That Heal by Rosalee de la Forêt
- The Chicken Health Handbook, 2nd Edition: A Complete Guide to Maximizing Flock Health and Dealing with Disease
The Practical Herbalist Team
Candace Hunter, Sue Sierralupe and Patrick Hunter have been working together as the Practical Herbalist/Real Herbalism Radio team for many years. They have published 10 books which are available in Kindle form.