Listen to the newest Episodes of Real Herbalism Radio here: Our Website | iHeartradio | Spotify | Alexa Flash | Pippa | Itunes | Stitcher Whether you are on Iphone, Android, or your laptop we have you covered.
BEST HERBAL BOOKS FOR 2016
In the dark, cold of winter, many plants go dormant, taking time to rest and recover before next year’s growth. This is exactly the break we herbalists need to expand our knowledge. Today, we’re taking about a few of our favorite winter reads for 2016. Gift your favorite to the herbalist sin your life with these wonderful titles.
In today’s show, Candace spilled the beans about a new project we’re working on. We know you’ll want to get in on this one, so be sure to listen for details over the upcoming weeks!
This is our last recording for 2016. For the month of December, we’ll be airing a few of our classics, so be sure to tune in to listen again to these great topics.
Lastly, we wanted to remind you that we are Amazon Affiliates, so if you decide to purchase any of the titles we mentioned today (or those in our We Like section), click on the link on our site. If you do that, Amazon will give us a small percentage of their sale at not extra cost to you. It’s a win-win!
Books we mentioned
- Icelandic Herbs and Their Medicinal Uses by Anna Rosa Robertsdottir
- Charcuterie: The Craft of Salting, Smoking, and Curing (Revised and Updated) by Michael Ruhlmanand Brian Polcyn
- Aromatica: A Clinical Guide to Essential Oil Therapeutics. Volume 1: Principles and Profiles by Peter Holmes
- The Modern Natural Dyer: A Comprehensive Guide to Dyeing Silk, Wool, Linen and Cotton at Home by Kristine Vejar
- Body into Balance: An Herbal Guide to Holistic Self-Care by Maria Noel Groves
- The New Wildcrafted Cuisine: Exploring the Exotic Gastronomy of Local Terroir by Pascal Baudar
- North American Mushrooms: A Field Guide To Edible And Inedible Fungi (Falconguide) by Dr. Orson K. Miller Jr. and Hope H. Miller
The Practical Herbalist Team
Candace Hunter, Sue Sierralupe and Patrick Hunter have been working together as the Practical Herbalist/Real Herbalism Radio team for many years. They have published 10 books which are available in Kindle form.