I love granola that stands up for itself. I am the kind of person who tosses granola on top of a scoop of yogurt in the morning and may not finish the whole bowl until my morning chores are done. This means that I need cereal that won’t get mushy. Crunchy, munchy granola was designed to fill me up and withstand my neglect. It has been an old favorite for years.
Grade B maple syrup is a little more expensive than other maple syrup types but the flavor and nutritional value is well worth the extra money.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup millet seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons milled flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup grade B maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients (except dried cranberries) in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix honey, maple syrup, and oil in a small saucepan on the stove on medium/low heat until warm.
- Stir vanilla into wet ingredients.
- Stir wet ingredients thoroughly with dry ingredients.
- Spread granola evenly on a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes taking it out 3 or 4 times to stir the mixture to be certain that it is thoroughly heated.
- Stir in optional dried cranberries.
- Cool the finished granola before serving.
Storage and Use
This granola must be stored in an airtight container to prevent getting stale.