Ocular migraines will ruin your day if left its own devices. It starts around the eye socket and then slowly, painfully take the rest of your body captive. Ocular migraines are also called retinal migraines or more simply, eye migraines. Many experiences auras or visual disturbances. Some people lose sight in their eye while having the migraine.
To be clear, there are many different types of migraines. There are other types of ocular migraines as well. Some respond to heat. Some respond to cold. This formula is designed for the ocular migraine that responds to heat. Take one ml as a dose just as the migraine starts to take root.
Wood betony (Stachys officinalis) tincture has a long history of soothing the nerves. It has years of use to treat anxiety and nerve pain. It forms a solid base of most migraine treatment formulas.
Ginkgo leaf (Gingko biloba) tincture is great to promote circulation. It is particularly helpful for migraines that are accompanied by auras just as many ocular migraines are known for.
Cayenne (Capsicum spp.) tincture also promotes circulation and alleviates pain. Just 1 ml is more than enough in this formula to warm the blood and push back the pain.
There many different types of migraines and many different reasons. Take a look at potential trigger in your life if you have migraines. Food and lifestyle diaries can help chart match migraines with its instigator.
- 1 oz wood betony tincture
- 2 mls ginkgo leaf tincture
- 1 ml cayenne fruit tincture
- 1 ounce measuring device
- Label and pen
- dropper with 1 ml measurement
- Large dark bottle with lid
- Dropper bottle, optional
- Gather the ingredients along with the equipment in a clean, well-lit, workspace.
- Pour the individual ingredients, one at a time, into a clear measuring cup.
- Mix the ingredients carefully.
- Using a funnel, pour the mixture into a darkly-colored glass bottle and cap it securely.
- Label the bottle with the name of the tincture blend and add the date.
Storage and Use
Keep your formula tightly capped in a dark bottle away from sunlight. Most tinctures have a 7-year shelf life so be sure to write the date you made it or the expected expiration date on the bottle.
Dosage: 1ml (an average dropper draw) per average adult. This is not intended for children. Adults over 250lbs should increase the dosage to 1.5ml. One dose per migraine is sufficient. Give the tincture approximately 5-10 minutes to take effect.