Have you ever wondered where the age-old adage, “elephants never forget” came from?
Not only do these beautiful animals live long lives, but they are famous for their ability to find old migration trails no matter how long ago they trekked that land. It is believed by many that this is all due to a small plant called Gotu Kola.
Medicinally, this herb is used as an adaptogen that heals your stress response and an alternative that brings you back into balance. But we’ll talk about that in another article 😉
As with most things, what can be applied to your physical body for healing can also be applied to your spiritual body.
So taking that into account, Gotu Kola is more than capable to calm you, bring balance to your soul if you are in a tumultuous time, and boost your metaphysical mind. Green witches and shamans of old even believed that Gotu Kola could cleanse your energetic field and boost your psychic abilities.
Since Gotu Kola has been used in both TCM and Ayurveda as a life-lengthening herb–you can use it in magical practice as an herb for longevity and clarity.
That all sounds great, right? Almost too good to be true? Well, don’t take my word for it.
Here’s a ritual you try that incorporates the dry herb Gotu Kola for sacred purposes.
Joyous Life Candle Ritual
For this, you’ll need:
- 1 yellow candle
- a piece of either citrine or sunstone (or both)
- Gotu Kola
The yellow candle activates your Solar Plexus Chakra which is the ruler of your inner power and strength.
Citrine is like the little bumblebee of crystals. It brings joy to your work and lightness to your life that can be hard to find when you’ve been stressed for long lengths of time.
Sunstone has been used for centuries as an alignment tool that can bring out the best version of you possible by channeling the fire energy and consistency of the sun.
Gotu kola, in this ritual specifically, will clear your mind so that you can hear from the universe, your guides, ancestors, or deities. And it will balance your thinking brain and your creative brain.
Honey brings the sweetness of life and often represents the blessings of the goddess Diana who protected innocence and was comfortable in solitude (even though she enjoyed people’s company.)
Here’s how to pull it off:
- Cleanse, however, you usually do. (be it saltwater, smoke cleansing, using a bell, or combing your energy with a selenite wand.)
- Then pour some honey onto a plate.
- Sprinkle your gotu kola onto your honey and mix them together until they make a paste. As you stir, be sureto speak blessings of joy and abundance of life.
- Then take your candle and roll itin that mixture until it is finely coated.
- Next, light your candle and do your best to clear your mind. (be that meditation or doodling or dancing.)
- As you clear your mind, start to fill your minds eye with images of you being the happiest you can be. Takenote of what you’re doing, who you’re with, and how you feel. Be sure to notice all your senses, what are you smelling, tasting, feeling, seeing, hearing.
- Then write those things down on a piece of paper and burn it in the flame of that yellow candle.
- Allow that candle to burn all the way down.
- If you can catch the ash of the paper, you can place that in a bowl with your crystals and set it by your bedside so that your intentions can be infused into your energetic field as you rest.
Pretty simple, right?
This is one of my favorite ways to honor old spiritual practices by keeping the herb lore alive.
Sign inSign up
Gotu Kola – Magic.docx
View all details