This is a tasty side dish that is flexible and takes only minutes to make. Try different vegetables each time you make this dish.
- 3 cups fresh chopped vegetables (carrots, parsnips, radishes, broccoli, cauliflower or zucchini)
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill leaves or 2 tablespoons dried dill leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash of salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Chop vegetables. Dense vegetables (like carrots) should be chopped into thin slices so that they are done at the same time as soft vegetables (like zucchini).
- Add vegetables to steamer basket and cover with a lid.
- Set vegetables aside once they have steamed for 5 minutes.
- In a separate saucepan, melt butter or margarine on low heat.
- Stir dill, garlic and salt into butter for 1 minute.
- Transfer vegetables into a serving bowl and toss in herb mixture.
- Serve immediately.
Storage and Use
Leftovers must be refrigerated in a covered dish for a few days. Leftovers may be frozen for up to 6 months.