Most of us grew up eating way too many boring egg salad sandwiches. I add some punch to this recipe to add flavor and lower cholesterol.
It makes about 4 servings.
Organic eggs have the most flavor
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped red onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green olives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pickled garlic
- 2 finely chopped pickled jalapenos
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- sliced bread
- fresh salad greens
- a sprinkling of ground chili pepper is optional
- knife or spatula for spreading
- Peel, rinse, and chop the hard-boiled eggs.
- Mix in the mayonnaise and mustard thoroughly.
- Fold in onions, garlic, jalapenos, salt, pepper, and the optional chili pepper.
- Spread the mixture between 2 slices of bread with the salad greens and issue a heat warning to family and friends.
Storage and Use
These sandwiches can be stored refrigerated overnight for the next day’s lunch without getting soggy. The egg salad mixture can be stored separately for up to one week in the refrigerator.