Most bathroom air fresheners have an overwhelming scent. This formula is light and refreshing yet effective enough to cover unpleasant odors. The lavender has an added bonus of serving as an antimicrobial herb for the room in the house that needs it most.
This formula is environmentally friendly. Nothing in it causes more holes to open up in our ozone. The trick is to remember to give the bottle a shake before using it.
- 1/2 ounce rubbing alcohol
- 1 ounce water + a little extra to top off the formula
- 1/2 tablespoon glycerine
- 10 drops of grapefruit essential oil
- 10 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 5 drops of lavender essential oil
- measuring spoons
- 2 ounce glass bottle with a spritzer top
- a label
- Pour the first three ingredients into the glass bottle.
- Carefully add the essential oils.
- Your mixture will have a little extra room at the top for more formula so add a little extra water to fill the bottle.
- Screw the cap carefully on the bottle.
- Label your final product with the name of the formula and the directions to shake the bottle before using.
Storage and Use
Shake the bottle before spritzing the air. One spritz should do it.
Warning: Keep out of reach of children. Do not spritz the fluid into any one’s eyes or mouth.
Store your air freshener in a glass bottle. Essential oils will eventually break down the plastic in the cap so keep your eye on it.